This Early Fall Start (mid August-mid September) study abroad program in Rome, Italy explores law and society in Italy, the United States and Europe and the rights of individuals. Students and faculty visit with government officials, attorneys, academic experts, and NGOs based in Italy. In past years, students have met with top ranking officials in the Italian Government, including Italy’s Foreign Minister and judges from Italy’s Supreme Court. Program includes Italian language, museums, cultural experiences and a weekend excursion to Gaeta on the coast.
Accommodations and Program site:
- The course utilizes the UW Rome Center for classroom meetings and student resources. It is located in the 15th century Palazzo Pio located on Piazza del Biscione facing the vibrant Piazza Campo de’ Fiori, at the heart of Rome’s historic center.
- Students live in apartments in Rome, Italy arranged by the UW Rome Center and located near the Campo de’ Fiori.
- Walter Walsh, UW Professor at the Law School
- Michael McCann, UW Professor in Political Science
- Sabrina Tatta, UW lecturer in French and Italian Languages
When: August 12th to September 11th, 2019 (Early Fall Start)
Cost: $4,950 [includes lodging, field trips and some meals]
Credits: 8 credits
Wed, Jan 22nd 3:30-4:30pm Gowen 1A Olson Room
Monday, Jan 27th 4:00-5:00pm Gowen 1A Olson Room
Tuesday, Feb 4th 3:30-4:30 Gowen 1A Olson Room
Study Abroad Financial Aid and Scholarship Workshops
This workshop provides an overview of how to financially plan for study abroad. It will cover financial aid basics, budgeting, scholarships, money saving strategies and tips on generating extra cash before you go abroad.
- Tuesday, January 14th 12:30-2:00pm, SMZ 450 (SMZ 450)
- Tuesday, January, 28th 12:30-2:00pm SMZ 450 (SMZ 450)
- Wednesday, February 6th 3:00-4:30pm, MGH 171 (MGH 171)
Online info session about financial aid are also available. Click on the link below:
Application Deadline: February 14th, 2020
Questions: Contact Sabrina Tatta at email@example.com