This Early Fall Start (mid August-mid September) study abroad program in Rome, Italy explores law and society in Italy, the United States and Europe and the rights of individuals. Students and faculty visit with government officials, attorneys, academic experts, and NGOs based in Italy. In past years, students have met with top ranking officials in the Italian Government, including Italy’s Foreign Minister and judges from Italy’s Supreme Court. Program includes Italian language, museums, cultural experiences and a weekend excursion to Gaeta on the coast.
Accommodations and Program site:
- The course utilizes the UW Rome Center for classroom meetings and student resources. It is located in the 15th century Palazzo Pio located on Piazza del Biscione facing the vibrant Piazza Campo de’ Fiori, at the heart of Rome’s historic center.
- Students live in apartments in Rome, Italy arranged by the UW Rome Center and located near the Campo de’ Fiori.
- Rachel Cichowski, UW Professor in LSJ and Political Science
- Michael McCann, UW Professor in Political Science
- Sabrina Tatta, UW lecturer in French and Italian Languages
When: August 14 to September 13, 2019 (Early Fall Start)
Cost: $4,950 [includes lodging, field trips and some meals]
Credits: 8 credits
January 9, 3:00-4:00, Gowen Hall 1A (Olson Room)
January 15, 12noon-1:00, Gowen Hall 1A (Olson Room)
January 17, 2:00-3:00, Gowen Hall 1A (Olson Room)
Study Abroad Financial Aid and Scholarship Workshops
This workshop provides an overview of how to financially plan for study abroad. It will cover financial aid basics, budgeting, scholarships, money saving strategies and tips on generating extra cash before you go abroad.
- Thursday, January 17th 3:00-4:30pm, SMZ 450 (SMZ 450) (SMZ 450)
- Tuesday, January, 22nd 4:30-6pm PACR 394 (PACR 394)
- Wednesday, February 6th 12:30-2pm, MGH 258 (MGH 258) (MGH 258)
This workshop is now also available online.
Additional Program Information
Application Deadline: February 15, 2019
Questions: Contact Sabrina Tatta at firstname.lastname@example.org