The University of Washington transitioned to an online education model in light of COVID-19. Classes and instruction are currently being offered remotely throughout spring quarter and summer quarter. The LSJ Department is providing the following resources and guidance to support remote education.
This page will be updated regularly with resources and recommendations for teaching online and supporting your students during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Resources for Students
- COVID-19 Resources for UW Community
- Accessibility Resources (*must use UW NetId to access)
- Emergency Aid
- Mental Wellbeing
- COVID-19 Disability Resources for Students
- Virtual Student Engagement Activities
- Academic Support Programs and On-line Learning
Best practices for successful online learning:
- Turn on Canvas notifications.
- Learn how to find and submit assignments on Canvas.
- Check your UW email at least twice a day, setting up email forwarding if necessary.
- Familiarize yourself with Zoom. Your UW NetID has now been upgraded to a Zoom Pro account.
- If your instructor uses Poll Everywhere, sign in to the application with your NedID to sync your responses with Canvas.
- Set up a distraction-free workspace and set aside time to focus.